Sunday, February 9, 2014

It is February already?

Somehow it is already February 9th. I'm not sure where the first month of the year went, but it is over and we've moved into February. I wanted to provide an update and confirm that yes, I have been keeping up with my resolution.

So far this year 
  • I went to training to become certified to prepare basic tax returns with the VITA program                                                                                                              The VITA program provides free tax return preparation for people who make less than $52,000. I  volunteer for 3 hours on Saturday afternoons at the Bountiful Food Pantry and it is great. I love getting to know the people who come in and being able to give service to people who deserve it. I was even able to prepare our tax return this year (no Turbo Tax needed). This is helping me on my way to take the EA exam and hopefully next year be able to prepare taxes for others (for a small fee).

  • I bought a bassoon                                                                                          Yes I went on KSL and bought a bassoon. It has been amazing! I don't remember ever getting as excited to practice as I am now. I am actually sounding ok and have found some fun practice songs online. I also went to my first rehearsal with the Davis County Symphony. It is a little overwhelming trying to play some of that music but luckily there's no pressure, and no one's called me out for only being able to play about half the stuff.
  • I set a date for my first book group                                                                           I chose a book and set a date and at the end of this month will meet with some of the ladies in my ward for book group. I loved the book group in my ward in Wisconsin and hope it will be successful. If anything I just want to get to know more people in my ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment